Follow these 10 security tips to provide a safe, secure and hassle free New Year.
- Never open or close alone.
- Conduct criminal background checks on employees, particularly the temporary and part-timers hired for the holidays.
- Check that all locks, alarms, cameras, video recorders, and alarms are tested and working properly.
- Leave the parking lots on all night during the holiday season or set timers at least one hour after employees are scheduled to be leaving the premises.
- Control and monitor all rear door access.
- Account for all back door keys.
- Only open the back door during day .
- Keep the back door locked and alarmed when not in use.
- Reduce signs on windows and overgrown bushes obstructing views from the street.
- Before leaving building, inspect restrooms, storage areas for potential intruders.
The tips and reminders are part of a complete security and, safety program. Following structured operating procedures help secure your business and give owners piece of mind and accountability.